Foster City, CA - April 1, 2013 -- The San Mateo County School Boards Association (SMCSBA), representing 22 school districts, the San Mateo Community College District, and the San Mateo County Office of Education, today announced the 2013 winners of the J. Russell Kent Awards.
The awards are given to outstanding and innovative programs either in the classroom or outside the classroom as well as district-wide programs. Applicants must demonstrate their programs promote student success, employ a high degree of creativity, and demonstrate transferability. Named after the past San Mateo County Superintendent of Schools, J. Russell Kent, SMCSBA initiated the J. Russell Kent Award Program in the 1980-81 school year.
The 2013 Kent Award winners include programs that focus on innovation in the areas of 21st century learning models, community involvement, special education, counseling and character development, science and art, staff development, and extracurricular activities.
The Kent Awards ceremony will be held on Monday, May 20th at 6pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Foster City, California (social hour and musical performance to begin at 6pm with dinner and the awards ceremony to follow at 7pm).
Thomas R. Pollicita Middle School
Pollicita’s Dance Program began nine years ago as an after school class, evolving into 6 daily elective classes for 6th – 8th grade students, plus an after-school Dance Team. The program builds self esteem, confidence, and character, and brings joy to the school day.
Students have three winter and spring performances, and perform at Jefferson High's Mission Fusion and Oceana High's BAM (Because Art Matters) events. The school also produces the Pollicita Performance Festival where all students attend workshops and watch performances by professional dancers. Workshops include Hula, Capoeira, Irish Dance, and Hip-Hop to name a few. With its rich history, it's hard to imagine a Thomas R. Pollicita without Dance.
"Jefferson School District, a Caring
Community of Learners."
FREE: Adult English Classes with Free Day Care -Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. in Room 83
- GRATIS: Clases de Inglés para Adultos y Gratis Guardería para Sus Ninos - Lunes, Miércoles y Viernes 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. en Salon 83
- School Site Council (SSC) Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the Library
- Reunión de Consejo Escolar (SSC) - jueves, 21 de noviembre 5:30-6:30 p.m. en la Biblioteca
- TRP Family Pot Luck and Workshop: Nutrition, Exercise and Student Achievement- Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:30-7:30 p.m.-in the Multi-Use Room
- Taller del Grupo de las Familias de TRP y Pot Luck: Jueves - 24 de octubre, 2013 - 5:30-7:30 p.m. en la Cafeteria
Quiere Ud. pagar por el almuerzo de su hijo/a electronicamente?